What Personal Information Does Gracious Parent Collect?
The information we gather in relation to the purchase and participation in our membership website from users, enables us to provide, personalize and improve our services, and allows our users to set up a user account and profile that can be used to personalize their experience on the Website and interact with other users through the site. In connection with the Gracious Parent Membership, we request and display some personal information to other users and visitors of the Website, which allows users to identify one another. We collect the following types of information from our users:
Personal Information Collected Automatically:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or use our services. Gracious Parent automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, browser information, operating system, timestamps, the pages you request, and the actions and path you take on the Website.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and how they use its various components. Gracious Parent only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how users use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many users as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our Website or services. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how people use the Website or services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, Gracious Parent never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
What About Cookies?
Will Gracious Parent Share Any of the Personal Information it receives?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone.
We share such Personal Information only as described below.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, Gracious Parent may provide services, or sell products jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently,Gracious Parent’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
User profiles: User profile information including users’ name, email address, and other information you enter may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Website. Email addresses are used to add new User Submissions to user profiles and to communicate through User Submissions. Gracious Parent will not directly reveal users’ email addresses to other users, except, when the user is “connected” to another user via a shared group membership, or an invitation, or if the user has chosen to include their email address in their User Profile.
Communication in response to User Submissions: As part of the Website and services, you will receive from Gracious Parent emails and other communications relating to your User Submissions. You acknowledge and agree that by posting such User Submissions, Gracious Parent may send you email and other communication that it determines in its sole discretion relate to your User Submissions.
Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if Gracious Parent, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Gracious Parent goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Gracious Parent or its assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Protection of Gracious Parent and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the any applicable law, regulation or other legal requirement; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Gracious Parent, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Gracious Parent account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer (or other device) and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. Gracious Parent endeavors to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, Gracious Parent cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily post information to public areas on Website or any other public forums, such information can be accessed by the public.
What personal information can I access?
Gracious Parent allows you to access the following information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating or deleting that information. This list will change as the Website changes.
- Real name
- Account and user profile information
- User e-mail address
- Username and password
- User preferences
- You can contact our customer service department to access, change, or delete the Personal Information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and email address and the name of the specific eCourse in which you are enrolled so that we can better assist you with your inquiry or request.
Please note that Personal Information about you and/or your child may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after a request for deletion of that child’s account. This may be the case even though no information about that account remains in our active user databases.
What choices do I have?
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of or register for certain features of the Website and services.
- You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your Gracious Parent account by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send a detailed message to Gracious Parent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us at (401) 400-2187. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns. Please note that if you are not 18 years of age or older, then you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to call us. Effective Date: December 24, 2019